Re: NM problems on fedora core 3

Bill Moss wrote:

Your scan shows two AP's, yours with a signal level of -72 dBm and another one with signal level of -77 dBm. These are both weak signals and I expect if you 'watch -n2 iwlist eth1 scan' you will see these levels fluctuate a good deal. Both AP's are set to the same channel 11. This will cause interference. I would change the channel of your AP to 1 or 6 and see what happens. Two AP's cannot operate on the same channel in the same location.

Thas all true and fine right now, im not sure my card is reporting signal levels right anyway. I reconfigured my AP for channel 6 all the same; NM doesn't change its behaviour (no DHCP response). My main concern is that NM fails to connect whereas neat succeeds regardless of the chan and/or signal level the card reports.

Thanks for the suggestion,
   Ivan