Re: DNS problem (forwarding order?)

Colin Walters wrote:
But again, this would only help most (i.e. not all) of the time.  The
network setup where David is is just broken.

Actually, it was was broken, but now its fixed! I'm now happily using NM all the time (except I still have to change ntpd so it starts up after NM).

I think it is desirable to address nameserver ordering not to support broken configs like at my site, but because it would make DNS lookups under NM follow the DHCP spec more closely with regard to search order preference of the supplied nameservers.

Just my two cents' worth,
Dave