Re: [patch] redo tray icon.

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 22:45 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> The old applet has the menu item highlight when you drop it down, at
> least under ClearLooks.  With the patch, nothing happens to the icon
> when you click on the menu.  It doesn't act like a menu in a menu bar.
> I'd prefer it if the patch kept the current behavior of highlighting the
> menu item in the panel when the menu is dropped down.
>
> The patch correctly removes the all-the-time highlight underneath the
> icon though (again, at least under ClearLooks).  I'm thinking about the
> same behavior the volume applet has here, that works like I expect it
> to.

Trying to push the issue again. Volume applet is an applet. nm-applet is
a notification icon. Shouldn't we start thinking of either changing the
left-click menu to a dialog or converting nm-applet to a real applet?
The only thing is that with the latter, we'll disable potential KDE
users of the NetworkManager, so I would go with the first option....

Regards,
--
Tomislav Vujec
Manager, Client Development