Re: Leap/Eap

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 19:16 +0100, Grant Williamson wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>     just wondering is there any reason you are going with wpa_supplicant
> instead of xsupplicant?

When I looked at Open 802.1x about 2 months ago, it seemed that
wpa_supplicant had a much broader range of authentication support than
did Open 802.1x.  wpa_supplicant also seems not to need patches against
kernel drivers (I could be wrong), which NetworkManager couldn't use,
because we can't expect people to recompile their kernel drivers
(doesn't really fit with "Just Work").