Re: integration of nonphysical interfaces in NM

Hi David,

So if I understood well, NM will import a list of
physical devices from HAL, and it will create logical
interfaces as needed.
For instance on ethernet we can have plain ethernet,
but also we can have PPPoE, on serial we can have ppp,
or slip or whatever else, on bluetooth we can have
multiple bnep interfaces (PICONET), or create a VPN
over whatever interface is available, and all this
interfaces are managed by NM.

But the question is:
After NM does create such a virtual inteface, somebody
should advertise this on DBUS because maybe there is a
firewall listening for new interfaces to secure, or
some monitoring application, or something else.
If HAL is not advertising it on DBUS because is not in
his database, then NM should do it.
As long as somebody advertise the new interface on
DBUS, then is fine by me.

Thanks,
Paul