Re: ipw2100: nm_device_set_frequency(): error setting frequency

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 16:40 +0100, "Christoph R� wrote:
> Some days ago I downloaded the CVS version of NetworkManager, but it does
> not work as expected. The daemon starts, detects my wireless adapter and
> begins to scan for an access point. But because the ipw2100 driver supports
> the "Set Channel" and "Set Frequency" operations only in monitor mode (see
> http://ipw2100.sourceforge.net/faq.php#qa_2_1) the daemon fails. Is this a
> general problem or do i have to upgrade anything?

Is this a limitation of the driver, of does the _card_ not support
setting this stuff except in monitor mode?  The only reason we set
bitrate is because some cards (atheros G for example) don't set any
bitrate themselves when in ad-hoc mode, resulting in exceedingly poor
communication between the nodes.  Manually setting the card to a bitrate
kicks the card into a marginally working state.  If the ipw2x00 driver
doesn't support this, its not really a problem, and NM will now silently
fail (patched in CVS on 2004-12-22).

If latest CVS still doesn't connect for you, can you post a bit more log
output so we can diagnose?