Re: debugging lack of link events

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 11:19 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Any suggestions for how to debug the fact that NM isn't receiving
> link-up/link-down events from my e1000 after suspend/resume?  I really don't
> know enough of the udev/hal/dbus interaction to know where to start looking,
> nor do I understand the underlying protocols well enough to know how to insert
> myself and watch all the traffic...
>
> Any (1st grade, even) suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I find it quite
> hard to live with losing network after a suspend/resume.
>
> Thanks in advance,

I'm looking at this too, my e1000 driver seems to take a _really_ long
time to notify the netlink socket that the device has changed status
(like 20s or so?).  That's not cool.  I'm attempting to distill a
testcase that I could send to kernel people, you might be able to use it
too to narrow the causes down.