Re: Making metadata storage SQL-driven

Jamie McCracken wrote:

(do we really need to continue on this thread? If alex is happy to accept a dbus intereface for a metadata server in Nautilus then we dont need to worry whether its text based, EA based or DB based. Nauitlus already has such a search interface which beagle can use so I intend to make use of that interface too)

Actually thinking about this a bit more, having a freedesktop standard for this might be best as you should be able to share all metadata whether its with KDE4's tenor, beagle, my DDS or something else. I shall ask on the freedesktop list about such a common dbus based org/freedesktop/metadata interface.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/