Re: Making metadata storage SQL-driven

Jamie, this argument sounded way like "yes, but this sportscar has a
limited-slip differential" when you need a 4x4 vehicle to cross a huge
mud puddle.

Yes, MySQL embedded may be wonderful.  But using it will leave many,
many, many requirements unimplemented, and will complicate
interoperability.  Same goes for using DBUS to shield a MySQL-based
metadata library.  Doing this will make stuff much harder to script.

I for sure would like to login as rudd-o on /dev/tty1 and be able to
find files by metadata with /usr/bin/find, or lsattr on a file.
Please tell me:

- how I'll do this if metadata data is in a MySQL store, abstracted by
DBUS
- if you solve this, how much harder will it be to adapt /usr/bin/find
to your solution... if you don't use EAs.

ATM I could perhaps use beagle-query.  But I want /usr/bin/find, not
slocate.  Locality and greppability of metadata matters.

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o amautacorp com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010