Re: Extended file attributes

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 20:36 +0200, Boris de Laage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a nautilus property page to display a file's extended
> attributes. It's really basic...
> It's read only for now. In the future it will be possible to add/modify
> attributes, and maybe provide a set of standard attributes (author, ...)
> for use with beagle. Maybe those features are already planned for a
> future nautilus version ?
> All comments welcome.
>
> http://emak.free.fr/nautilus-xattr-properties-0.1.tar.gz

Thats a pretty cool extension, and i think some people will have a use
for it. However, for the default Nautilus UI I don't want to expose the
raw xattrs like that. I want to wait until there is a clear idea of
how/if/when we want to use xattrs in the desktop. Its not until then we
can make good decisions on the ui for viewing it.

Of course, it sort of sucks that nautilus/gnome-vfs doesn't currently
copy xattrs. We should probably fix that...

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an impetuous ninja master criminal on a search for his missing sister.
She's a time-travelling nymphomaniac barmaid from a different time and place.
They fight crime!