RE: Volume handling proposal

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 14:33, Julien Olivier wrote:

> What's the advantage of storing your documents in ~/Desktop/Documents
> instead of ~/ ? I mean Home is already on the desktop so I don't see the
> point of having Home _and_ Documents on your desktop.

Funnily enough, earlier on in Sun's Mad Hatter^H^H^H^HJava Desktop
System development I was all for just renaming the desktop "Home" icon
to "Documents" (since they wanted a "Documents" folder to minimize
retraining for Windows converts).

It seemed to me that anyone who uses a *nix desktop is bound to come
across something that talks about their "Home" folder at some point
(possibly even their support desk!), and that if they didn't know what
it meant then it would be a lot easier to explain that it was just the
same as their "Documents" folder.

I didn't win that particular argument this time around though, maybe
next time :)

Cheeri,
Calum.