commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.

CVS:
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    GNOME_AbiWord_Control_2_0.server
CVS:
IDL file to enable AbiWord to be used as Nautilus view.

CVS:
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    af/gr/xp/gr_Caret.cpp af/xap/unix/xap_UnixApp.cpp
CVS:    af/xap/unix/xap_UnixApp.h af/xap/unix/xap_UnixFrameImpl.cpp
CVS:    af/xap/xp/xap_App.cpp af/xap/xp/xap_App.h
CVS:    text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.cpp text/fmt/xp/fl_DocLayout.h
CVS:    text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp text/fmt/xp/fv_View.h
CVS:    wp/ap/unix/abiwidget.cpp wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixApp.cpp
CVS:    wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixTopRuler.cpp wp/ap/xp/ap_Frame.cpp
CVS:
CVS:
AbiWord can be used as a nautilus view.

See screen shot at:

http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/nautilus-abiword.png

or better yet, move the newly committed server file to
/usr/lib/bonobo/servers

Compile abiword head, and browse your documents directly in Nautilus :-)

However we still have some problems to fix.

On the Bonobo side:
1. When nautilus closes a view, I don't know what signal it sends to the
Bonobo Control. It leaves the abiword execuatble running and deos not send
delete or destory event.

Can someone on the Nautilus or gnome-components-list tell how I should
signal AbiWord that the Nautilus view has closed? Otherwise we have a
Frame with attached timers left hanging limbo waiting for it's gdk window
to go stale.

2. You notice on the screen shot the abiword menu structure is in place.
The menu's expand as you click on them but none of the actions shown in
the menu's take place. Is there some trick that is easily applied to make
those menu's in the remote server propagate events?

3. Attempting to open the pop-up context menu via a right click causes an
instant segfault in the control.

On the abiword side:

Something is making the frame rebuild far too often. I'm confiednt this
can be fixed with a bit of effort though.

But in any case, enjoy our new feature :-)

Cheers

Martin