Re: [Muine] [UI CHANGES 5/6] Right click context menu for playlist (ML post from Iain)

On 3/20/06, Jorn Baayen <jorn openedhand com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 00:07 -0800, Niran Babalola wrote:
> > On 3/19/06, Jorn Baayen <jorn openedhand com> wrote:
> > > I'm inclined to vote against this.
> > > Muine has been designed to work with one-button mice, and if plugin
> > > authors can somehow be forced to respect this through not providing a
> > > context menu API, then I'm all for it.

My reasoning behind this patch are thing like being able to get
wikipedia data on a song, lyrics on an individual song, things that
operate on the actual song thats currently running. To me the "Song"
menu seems disconnected from the "Song thats running".

I guess buttons could appear in places, but that might clutter the
interface too much.

Other ideas I've had that could use this right click menu
* Last.fm integration -> Love this song, tag this song
* Some other way to rate a song (which will become useful if we get
smart playlist generation)

But, hey, I'm not too worried either way.
iain