Re: [Muine] mockups 0.2

On Tue, 2006-03-07 at 12:42 +0000, Jimmy Clarke wrote:
> There is now  "Song -> Play" and "Playlist -> Play Song". Both do
> different things. This is obviously going to be confusing.
>
> "Song -> Play" currently plays the *playlist* - not the a song. If a
> menu entry exists titled "song -> play" it should  only play the
> currently selected song.
>
> A related point is that *everything* in the "Song" menu is misleading
> and doesn't act on the currently selected song. For consistency with
> other GNOME apps, Totem's "Go" or Rhythmbox's "Control" might be
> appropriate.

Good thing you mention it. I actually feel the same way, but I didn't
post my thoughts yet.

I'm still looking into different apps and how they handle this. I like
the way RealPlayer does it. It has a plain and simple Pley menu. Not
sure though wether all current items we have in Song would fit in Play.

I feel a new round of mockups coming :-)

Joachim