Re: [Muine] No Sound Playback (Weird Issue)

Hey,

> Odd stuff.

Yea, I know!  Its such a weird problem

> Is your totem compiled with xine or gstreamer support?

Its compiled with xine-lib support.

> And- have you tried clearing out muine's xine config, which is in
> ~/.gnome2/muine/xine-config?

Yea, I moved the whole directory out of the way, actually.  One thing I
noticed is that xine (if I remove ~/.xine) also outputs no sound at
startup.  All I have to do is reconfigure xine to use OSS (for some
reason, it doesn't like alsa, but I'm fine with oss-emu) and it works.
So, after reading muine's xine-config, I figured I might just copy
.xine/config to xine-config and give it as shot.  Unfortunately, no
dice.

> And perhaps your files are tagged with replaygain tags, so that you
> might need to pump up the volume a fair bit before being able to hear
> them?

Its possible, but I turned my speakers up to 100% volume (normally if I
have my amp hovering around 10 or 20% my neighbors start complaining)
and heard nothing.

-Brad

--
Brad Taylor