Re: [Muine] Feature request for cover image fetching

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 15:32, Javier Ruiz Hidalgo wrote:
> So for instance if I
> setup a cover image for an album (stored in a CD)  and
> then remove the CD (the album disappears from the
> music library which is OK) but if I added the CD again
> the cover is not remembered.
>
>   Is that the expected behaviour?

It's certainly the *expected* behaviour. Muine is built around the
assumption that all of your music is fixed in one place, and if you
remove it then that's because you don't care about it any more. It
doesn't really deal with removable, media. Maybe it should ...

> Would it be possible to remember cover images for albums that leave the
> music library??

It's certainly possible, although we'd probably only want to do this if
the music is on a non-local or removable filesystem. I'm not sure if
there's an easy way to work this out [We could maybe use
GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_LOCAL, but I'm not sure without digging into the
code whether this covers removable media]

In the short term you could try just removing the call to
Muine.CoverDB.RemoveCover in SongDatabase.cs - although that may not
work. I'm guessing, but from a brief glance at the code it may well do!

Longer term, I'd suggest raising a bug in bugzilla and I'll try and work
out the best way of dealing with this use case.

Thanks
Lee
--
Lee Willis <lee leewillis co uk>