Re: [Muine] Song information dialog

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 18:53 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > The editing functionality wouldn't need to be suitable for mass-tagging of
> > files (that's *really* functionality that belongs inside a separate app);
> > however, it would for example provide an easy way to rename single album
> > or track titles (e.g. to fix spelling errors) or to add some missing
> > information (e.g. year of release).
>
> Agreed. We first need a tag editing backend for that, though.

You looking to write your own? Or would you consider using Gstreamer
0.8's metadata stuff?
I'm not a particularly skilled programmer, but tagging in where I've
done the most work[1]. There is a library out there called TagLib, which
abstracts tagging ID3v2, Vorbis & FLAC tags. Its in C++, but provides
some C bindings. What about some C# tagging libs? Do any exist? Or does
Xine have tagging?

1: http://musicbox.sourceforge.net - See musictag