jhbuilding metacity

Hi,

I'm pretty new at this, so please bear with me :)
I've checked out metacity from the CVS.  After reading the code and playing with
it for a couple weeks, I'm ready to compile and run and play and hack, and all
that fun...

I was about to jhbuild metacity (just moved into the metacity dir and ran
`jhbuild`), but it wants to checkout and compile/install 115 modules (beginning
with libxml2).  Is this normal?  Should I expect this to take ages?

Thanks,
Phil