Re: Small bug in mcedit

Hello Florin,

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 13:42 +0300, Florin Asavoaie wrote:
> <form name="<?= ?>"><?php echo "this code is not highlighted correctly"; ?>
> <form name="<?= ?> "><?php echo "This code is highlighted perfectly."; ?>

This is an example of "context stickyness" that I reported earlier and
tried to resolve contacting the original author of the editor/syntax
code (Paul Sheer) (see the thread "Double syntax context switch"). Sadly
his stance is "the current implementation *is* the specification" so he
won't look into this issue. And since the code
(apply_rules_going_right() iirc) is somewhat obscure I don't suspect
this issue to be fixed any time soon. (Although in contrast to the
authors stance I still consider this to be a bug and am willing to
review patches people propose).

Leonard.