Re: some problems with do_*_ca_mode()

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Andrey V. Malyshev wrote:

BO> it's just double work... look here:
BO> main() -> init_curses() -> [ SLsmg_init_smg() -> tt_init_video() (set
BO> to SLtt_init_video()) -> tt_write_string (Term_Init_Str); ]

You are right *. It is an overlook on my part :)
As far as I understand, using this we will necessarily need to add
SLsmg_reset_smg() call on exit, in slang_shutdown().

endwin() does that already as far as I can see.

Lets answer the previous question (for ncurses case) and I'll rewrite the
patch once more.

There is more going on. ncurses also automatically sends the relevant string automatically, in _nc_mvcur_init() (called via newterm() from initscr(), in the ncurses source code).

I wonder what the purpose is of do_enter_ca_mode now. Maybe it is just a left-over, necessary for other (non-ncurses) curses libraries, or xterms with broken terminfo's.

(*) By the way: in the slvideo.c file is defined another  SLtt_init_video()
function. It what cases this file is used instead of sldisply.c? I could not
understand off-hand. Looks like MSDOS-version :)

Yes, there are variations for various other operating systems/environments there.

Bart