Re: mc release schedule?

Hello Miguel,

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 21:07, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Are we talking about trunk or the branch?
>
> I thought the branch was ready to go.

Pavel Tsekov discovered a double free bug in PRE for which he has
proposed a fix. I haven't had time to fully investigate this, but I
believe that should be fixed before a release.

More generally speaking procedure wise I think it would be better to
have a release candidate that people can test to stamp out the most
serious bugs (like double frees etc.), but we should *not* introduce any
new features/enhancements. I think a proper release candidate might get
us more testers. For the rest I'm quite confident in the PRE branch, and
I think the other developers don't find a release candidate very
necessary as we've been waiting quite a while, but I would prefer it if
we'd follow proper procedures (development stop (already in december ;)
), release candidate, fix serious bugs only (one or two weeks), release,
introduction of new features in HEAD, etc.).

Leonard.