Re: cons.saver limit on the maximum number of lines/columns

Hello,

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 17:01, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > It will crash (eventually) because of the slang limitation. Even with the
> > check in console handler.
>
> As long as it doesn't write into unallocated memory mc will not crash. I

Well, MC with SLang will crash if it is resized beyond 512 or 255
depending on SLang version. There is a single check and it is done at
startup of MC. Checks are not made on SIGWINCH. So resizing at runtime
beyound that limit will make MC crash. It is Slang in this case which
overwrites memory (stack) if I remember correctly. It is all in the
archives.

> believe there are similar checks in other places. This check will make
> mc die if the limit is exceeded, but that is not the same thing as
> crashing.

Not MC but cons.saver - there is a difference . And it will not crash
since it reads as many bytes as it can hold in the buffer.

> Indeed this limit should be increased to 512, but as I've pointed out
> before that is sadly not a one place fix.

Are you sure ?