Re: Parent directory's permissions in mini-status

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-July/msg00076.html
Hello,

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 15:27, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Sergey Ilyevsky wrote:
> > > It seems that mc shows wrong permission for parent dir in mini-status,
> > > or in long-file (or user-defined) listing mode.
>
> > Yep - the '..' (parent dir) entry is bogus. If i remember right this was
> > made on purpose because if you are using remote vfs (ssh, ftp) it can take
> > a long time to stat the parent dir. You can check the mc-devel archives
> > for further info.
>
> Totally missed this post as Sergey misdated his. That makes Roland and
> my patch rather redundant. Do you happen to have a pointer to any of the
> messages you are referring to?

Yep! It seems that I started a thread about this issue back in July, 2002:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-July/msg00076.html

But this message sheds more light about the speedup I was talking about:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2002-June/msg00016.html