Re: [patch] TODO for 4.6.1: ./file in tar archive

Hello Andrew,

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:40, Andrew V. Samoilov wrote:
> Proposed patch does not handle paths like './/./', so canonicalize_pathname()
> is wanted, but this solution is temporary hack only.
> vfs_s_find_inode() returns wrong value now and should be fixed.

Would the same be true if canonicalize_pathname() were used? What about
the license issues Roland mentions? Are those a real concern?

> IMHO this issue is last to be fixed before 4.6.1 release.

The broken pipe issue is still being worked on as Roland reported
yesterday. Don't you want to have that fixed before 4.6.1?

> Also latest pipethrough changes have to be excluded form this release because
> of lack of testing.

I believe the pipethrough code to be unused at this point. I forgot what
Roland's rationale was to introduce it.

Leonard.