Native Win32 Port

Greetings,

First, thank you all MC developers for the great
software.  I have
used MC on Linux for some times.  Then I found that it
could also run
on windows platform through cygwin emulation.  It runs
great, too, on
cygwin.  Just the keyboard response is slow on my
system and don't know
why.  So I tried the native win32 port of MC
(mc-4.5.4, the latest
non-glib version), it does not have this keyboard
slowness issue.  And
my problems with emacs keys in cygwin box have not
been seen in command
prompt box.

I recently took the latest snap shot mc-2004-03-05-08
and managed to
build it for windows in native mode. The modifications
are mostly on pc
directory (and only very few line additions to src
directory).  It runs
the basic functions ok on windows xp.  It would be
good if some helpers
out there can make it run better without going through
duplicate
efforts.  A single source people can go to might help.
 I am just
wondering if it is the interest of MC community to
make native win32
build available?  Thanks:)

Sincerely,
kg