Re[3]: Compiled mc on OS-X (Jaguar)

On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:17:41 -0500 (EST) Pavel Roskin <proski gnu org> wrote:

> This looks quite different.  I have downloaded the sources of gcc-3.1, and
> I can find "arguments, but only", but not "parameters given when" in the
> sources.  That's a clear evidence that cpp is not from gcc.
>
> That's the test case that should fail on Jaguar:
>
> #define f(x,y) 1
> #define g(x) f(x,)
> g(1);
>
> Just put it to test.c and run "cpp test.c" - it works for me (Red Hat
> Linux 8.0, gcc 3.2), but should fail on Jaguar.

I just tried it on SF compile farm, which hosts an earlier OS-X release
(it has gcc 2.95.2):

bash-2.05a$ cpp test.c
# 1 "test.c"

1;

bash-2.05a$ cc test.c
test.c:3: only 1 arg to macro 'f' (2 expected)
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode

> I guess this cpp should be a part of Darwin, but I really don't know.  I
> cannot check it because access to Darwin sources requires a registration.

It seems the same problem is with earlier OS-X; so you probably could
use SF compile farm.

Regards,
Nerijus