BUGREPORT/PROBLEM

Hi developers !
================

Thank you for mc - I use it daily ! Sorry, but I probably found a bug.

OS: Linux SuSE 7.2;  Kernel 2.4.4-4GB
$ mc --version
The Midnight Commander 4.5.51
with mouse support on xterm and the Linux console.
Edition: text mode
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, ftpfs, mcfs, smbfs, undelfs
With builtin Editor
Using S-lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support: as default
With support for background operations
Using locale "en_EN enuro" (from environment variable LANG)

OS: Linux SuSE 6.1; Kernel 2.2.XX
$ mc --version
The Midnight Commander 4.5.25
with mouse support on xterm and the Linux console.
Edition: text mode.
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, ftpfs, mcfs.
With builtin Editor
Using S-lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support: as default
With support for background operations

* It is repeatable with both versions.

DESC:
# create file named "foo"
echo > /tmp/foo

# create dir named "xxx/foo"
mkdir -p /tmp/xxx/foo

invoke mc:
- the /tmp/ dir in the left panel (L), dir "/tmp/xxx/" in the right
panel (R)
- now copy/move directory from R to L
- *** result: file permissions changed to 0755 - NO error message ***
- if a file or a dir is in /tmp/xxx/foo permission changed too, but get
an error message

1)
[L]  /tmp                I  /tmp/xxx             [R]
-------------------------|---------------------------
 foo 644 (FILE)          | foo/ 755 (DIR)

2)
[L]  /tmp                I  /tmp/xxx             [R]
 foo 755 (FILE)          | foo/ 755 (DIR)

The other direction of copying or moving works fine with the correct
error message.

regards
Thomas