Re: smbfs seek support

Hello!

> May I present me as little coding animal.

:-)

>    It's very useful patch for smbfs users. It's very little - but
> powerful against windoze smb-kik programs.

Please comment your patches.  Don't assume that everybody knows about
smb-kik and how it works.  You are in a better position to comment than
anyone else.

I'll be back on January 19, and I'll sort all patches that are safe to
apply before 4.6.0, those that are safe to apply after 4.6.0 and those
that are not safe to apply.  Patches without explanation are likely to go
to the third category.

> I can start improve all smbfs user interface because of it's
> very antiuser :-) - is it worth ? If [yes] I can start it alittle.

I don't really care about smbfs because it's disabled by default.  But if
you make it so good that it can be enabled by default, then of course it
would be very useful.

> I saw this way:
> 	> If you have any patches, please put them to the patch manager:
> 	> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=mc
> but my https proxy is a real turtle...

I think if you are not sure about patch, then post it to the list.  Once
the patch stabilizes, then put it to the patch manager.  If your proxy is
indeed a big problem, then post the patch to the list and indicate that
it's the final version.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin