Re: F1 Help: Bad window resizing

Hello!

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Adam Byrtek 'alpha' wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 08:08:58AM -0500, David Martin wrote:
> > That's it. I'm using the KDE terminal and resizing works fine except
> > when Help is displayed. I didn't have time to check the code, but I
> > think it was changed recently.

Strange that I didn't see David's message.  The resizing was indeed
changed recently, but I don't think there were any regressions.

The old code was assessing internal functions of the three "full-screen"
dialogs (main, viewer and editor).  The new code sends a new event
DLG_RESIZE to all dialogs.  The viewer and the editor support this event.
Resizing of the main dialog is still done by the old code.  DLG_RESIZE is
not supported in any other dialogs.

What I'm seeing is that the panels are resized, but the dialog remains in
the same place.  I don't think any older versions did it better.

If there is a regression or something looks very wrong, please provide the
screenshots.

It should not be hard to add generic support for re-centering dialogs in
default_dlg_callback().

> Could you put this on the BTS, please?
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=addbug&group=mc

Beware that the form doesn't work well with Linux Mozilla 1.2.1 - either
use some other browser (Konqueror is fine) or use keyboard to change
values in the listboxes.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin