Re: extfs mode patch

Hello!

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Adam Byrtek 'alpha' wrote:

> Hi. Yet another simple patch. Every file copied into an archive was
> created with mode (0777 & ~umask). In fact (0666 & ~umask) looks better,
> because regular files won't be created with 'x' bit set any more.

After some debugging I have applied this patch with one little change -
the mode should be "S_IFREG | 0666", so that the viewer and the editor
don't complain that the file is not "regular".

It turns out that extfs actually implements stat() on newly added files, so
we can live without the "dirty" flag.

Copying to archives should work just fine now.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin