Re: [patch] build fix for HURD

Hi, Martin!

> Marcus Brinkmann informed me, that the HURD unlike Linux doesn't have
> a fixed limit for PATH_MAX, but the value is used in
> gnome/gnome-open-dialog.c

Wow, it looks like that they are porting GNOME to GNU/Hurd! Good luck!

> Attached is his patch, maybe there is a more ellegant way to do
> this.

The patch is wrong.  PATH_MAX is not defined for a reason.  There is no
upper limit for the path length on GNU/Hurd.  Note that the buffer in
get_presorted_from() is allocated on the stack - exceeding it means crash
in the best case or an exploit if a malicious user prepares `.order' for
you.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin