Defining products list and pages

Hi everyone !

This is an attempt to get conclusions from the discussion about the
"software map" and so on.

Let me take a simple example : rhythmbox.
We need simple entry point like this : http://www.gnome.org/rhythmbox
This URL raise 303 See Other HTTP code [1] to
http://www.gnome.org/desktop/rhythmbox

This page haven't the same goal of
http://www.gnome.org/projects/rhythmbox (For the moment, please don't
care about projects.gnome.org etc.)

Which contents on this page ?
-----------------------------

- A part with structured informations : website, maintainer, ...
This part can be machine-generated.

- A free-part wish feature the application in a cool way with
screenshots.
Example :
http://ploum.frimouvy.org/?2006/03/15/100-why-you-should-try-epiphany-as-your-default-browser-with-gnome-214

Product list
------------

- Auto-generated.

Which apps ?
------------
I propose to start with a small list of clear candidates (Like gedit,
rhythmbox, epiphany, ...)  and we will increase it on demand or on
marketing criteria.
The GNOME Foundation will define
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeCertification and everything will be clear.

What about DOAP ?
-----------------

- The vocabulary :
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj3/

- DOAP is I18n ready :
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj3/doap-3-intl.jpg

- A shared space :
Let me quote qgil :
> what I was thinking to avoid that "duplication" issue was
> that the doap fields could be edited somewhere accessible by marketing
> and each project
> and both could use the same fields i.e. "project description" or
> "feature list" or whatever (I have no clue about DOAP "classes" if
> there are)
> this way we could enforce a collaborative editing between marketing
> and project people
> and nobody would be doing the work twice

So... whit DOAPs, we can auto-generate (in several languages) :
        - the structured space of product's page
        - the product list

[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.3.4