Re: GNOME's Target Markets

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:15:08 +0100
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> Time to revive this thread again.
>
> We don't have
> accurate numbers and survey results, but that doesn't mean that we don't
> know who are customers are, or what product we want to give them. There
> are 150-200 sold-on-the-idea people on this list ready to be part of a
> grassroots firefox-like campaign.

A grassroots campaign needs a proper GNOME homepage: What other goals
could a campaign pursue that pushing people to our webpage?

But before we start, there's some low-hanging fruit to do, IMHO:

 * We could activate the GNOME tour. What's missing here?

 * We could start changing the headers links according to
   http://live.gnome.org/MarketingTeam_2fWebsiteUpdates

   I've written two pages four months ago (support and community, I
   believe) and sent them to Luis but never got an answer. Maybe someone
   with CVS access could just upload them. Not much but a start.

 * Jeff Waugh promised to fix the page that should appear under
   'Download', namely start/ but didn't yet as far as I see.

 * Maybe someone with an idea how the current web page works could fix
   the right-side navigation issue: We need a sub-navigation that
   changes according to the header links. That's not possible right now
   it seems.

With this done, we just need a usual web page ad size graphics. I'm
sure Andreas could do them in a week or less.

Cheers,
Claus