Re: [gnome-love] writer/interviewer wanted- article suggestion for next gnome-journal

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:54:10 -0400
Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

> On 8/25/05, Akbar Pasha <akbarpasha gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi Luis,
> >
> > This sounds like a very good plan. But I have couple of questions
> > though.
> >
> > 1. I see about 12 bounties from GNOME as a part of SoC. Does that
> > mean, each volunteer (the person who would be crafting the article)
> > would get to cover one bounty each?
>
> My thinking was that one person do them all, so that they are
> consistent in tone, content, etc. Note that when I said 'interview' I
> meant 'send an email with 3-4 questions'- given that there are so
> many, the writeups must be brief so as not to be boring or repetitive.
> But I imagine that if they were split 2-3 ways a little bit of editing
> could still bring consistency.
>
> Also, probably worth noting that I believe some of the projects are
> not going to be finished- so if Seth or JRB can identify which those
> are, perhaps the number will be less than 12.

GJ articles are restricted to 1750, max. 2000 words. With so
many SoC projects, we could do either part 1 & part 2 if a second writer
volunteers, or we just pick a part of them that examplify the
interesting points for GNOME users and developers. Both would be cool.

Cheers,
Claus