Re: Gnome and KDE translation comparison

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 18:27 -0400, Ian McIntosh wrote:
> I think everyone agrees that no serious effort should be made competing
> against KDE.  If people choose KDE, it's still a win for Free software.
>
> At the same time, there have been and will continue to be decisions made
> between Gnome and KDE for large installations around the world.
>
> If, for example, someone from the Gnome Foundation is talking to a
> government official from Morocco, I think it would be helpful to know
> that Gnome has 98.6% support for Arabic, compared to 36.2% for KDE.

Generally, though, we should keep this out of our main marketing
materials, and focus on things like 'gnome has 98.6% support for
arabic'- people will compare and contrast and draw their own
conclusions, generally, if we focus on our strengths and the things we
do well.

Luis