Re: involvement of users of locale data

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 17:36 +0100, Peter Nugent wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has been in contact with any of the app owners
> (nautilus, clock, mozilla, evolution etc) to see if they're interested
> in this discussion ?
> We need to have their buy in , in order for this effort to be a success.

I tried to talk to some of maintainers about it in the GUADEC at
Stuttgart. Their main question was: "What are the new features that you
*need*?" It was for this that we prepared the first list of important
features:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/locale-list/2005-August/msg00000.html

Basically, the way to do it would be something like we providing clean
patches to them and then having translators pushing at them from the
other side that this is a good idea. Danilo may be in a good position to
help a lot in this. ;-)

roozbeh