[sigc] Memory consumption question

I have fully converted our proprietary system from using a 'classic' observer pattern' to using libsigc++ signals. The memory consuption increased by approximately 50%.

My suspicion is that this lies in the connections (well, really, slot_base; because there are more of them used than any other component). I'll do some measuring to confirm this, but I'm curious if there are any unnecessary hooks anywhere for 'future use' or perhaps thought to be useful but never ended up being used?

I'll perform the standard code-spelunking to discover for myself, but I thought the process might be quickened by this query.

Thanks,

Neal