Re: [sigc] Online Tutorial, Chapter 2 incomplete

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 01:17:09PM +0100, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > [mailto:libsigc-list-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Amanjit Gill
> > - Hi, i downloaded libsigc++-1.2.5 and wanted to try the
> > tutorial at
> > http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/libsigc1_2/manual/html/ch02.html
> > . The simple example does not link, because AlienDetector::run() isn't
> there (and no std
> > constructor) . No big deal, it was no problem to implement it, but I think
> it might be a showstopper for beginners.
> > - this seems to be a great lib! I am using win32 VC6/SP5 with it and no
> problems
>
> I don't think it's a big deal, but we would welcome a patch. That document
> is in the libsigc++-1.2 module.

This has come up before - the code in the tutorial itself is just the
bits that demonstrate the point. The text refers to the separately
downloadable full examples, but as I don't have access to the site I
can't upload them. They're on my site at:
http://www.pebble.org.uk/programming/cpp/libsigc_eg.tar.bz2

~Ainsley