Shifting election cycle back six months

Hi all,

First, please see this proposal for shifting the GNOME Foundation election
cycle back six months (from Nov/Dec to May/Jun):

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2007-August/msg00025.html

We'd like your advice regarding the best way to do this, given that there is
no method defined for making a change such as this in the bylaws. I imagine
a referendum will be involved (it's likely we'll put it to a vote even if we
don't strictly have to), but any advice you have to offer about this change
would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--