Re: [HIG] Ctrl Shift or Shift Ctrl ?

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 16:23, Alan Horkan wrote:

> Has this been discussed and considered previously?
> Is there any definative answer?

I don't think we've had any explicit discussion about it before.  I'm
probably responsible for most of the occurrences of "Shift+Ctrl" in the
HIG, though, so here's my explanation...

Shift is generally used to extend or reverse the effect of another
shortcut.  Therefore it seems more logical to me to write those two
related shortcuts as <shortcut> and Shift+<shortcut>.  Simple as that :)

Cheeri,
Calum.