Re: [guppi-list] (no subject)

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 02:20:47PM +0200, Jean Br?fort was heard to remark:
> Linas Vepstas wrote:
>
> >Anyone besides me noticed that libguppi-dev won't install in the
> >current debian-unstable?  (becuase libgal21 is missing).
> >
> I am not aware of any dependance of libguppi on libgal. Which libguppi
> version do you want to install?

ldd doesn't report *any*  gal dependencies ?? Things like using fonts
have a way of pulling in libgal.

 apt-get install libguppi16
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libguppi16: Depends: libgal21 (>= 0.21) but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

-------------
Note there is a libgal23, but the libguppi package doesn't want to use
that. don't know why.

> >How can one force dpkg to try to isntall anyway, even though the deps
> >would be broken?
> >

> Here is a problem about debian installation, I guess. As I never used a
> debian, I just don't know.

If there's no ldd dependencies, then its a debian packaging bug.

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas linas org>