Re: [guppi-list] Can't compile Guppi 0.40.2

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 16:16, John Williams wrote:
> I am trying to build Gnumeric 1.0.1, which requires Guile 1.5, so I have
> built and installed Guile 1.5.4.  Now, when trying to compile Guppi I
> get the following error.  What version of Guile was Guppi developed
> with?
<snip>
> ./.libs/libguppi.so: undefined reference to `scm_the_last_stack_fluid'
> ./.libs/libguppi.so: undefined reference to `scm_listify'
> ./.libs/libguppi.so: undefined reference to `scm_async_clock'

I've seen this problem a few times before.  In the past, this has been
caused by people having obsolete guile headers lying around on their
systems:  the headers, which reference symbols that no longer exist,
must be in a directory that gcc searches before the "correct" one.

(IIRC, scm_the_last_stack_fluid and scm_async_clock are symbols that
were last seen in the guile 1.3.x era.)

-JT