Re: [guppi-list] printing bugs, at least one of which is guppi's

(I'm now back from vacation, and still digging out from under about
1300+ e-mails).

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 08:02:28PM -0500, Bill Gribble wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:02:34PM +1000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> > The second one is a bit of a brain-strainer. While displaying fine as an
> > embedded widget as part of a gnucash report displayed by gtkhtml, when
> > printed, guppi graphs are seriously misaligned

> This is a scaling problem It has to do with a difference between
> guppi's and gtkhtml's ideas of scaling on the canvas... I want to say
> 100 dpi vs. 72 dpi, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if this is it.  A problem with monitor dpi would cause the
plot to be scaled incorrectly on the screen, not on paper --- Guppi
stores all dimensions internally as "real units", not pixels, and
printing is always 300dpi in PS, and hence in gnome-print.

Maybe gtkhtml is handing guppi a funky print context?  (i.e. one in which
gtkhtml has applied some strange coordinate transforms.)

-JT