[guppi-list] New Guppi Snapshot

I've made a new Guppi development snapshot, based on the CVS version
as of 10:00am CDT on Dec 28, 2000.

ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/guppi/snapshots/Guppi-2000-12-18.tar.gz

If no significant problems are reported with this snapshot, I will
make an official release (the long-awaited, long-promised 0.35.1)
tomorrow or Wednesday.

This version has some UI enhancements; it is now possible to
manipulate data items in somewhat more meaningful ways, and to load
and save data in a native Guppi XML format.  Also, a large number of
memory leaks have been plugged and there are a few guppi-gnumeric
fixes.

This version of Guppi takes about 12 minutes to compile (with
--disable-static) on my laptop (700mhz PIII, 192mb RAM) with when it
mildly loaded (X running, but no mozilla).  YMMV.

The Guppi tarball is 1.6mb.  Before compiling, the untarred Guppi
source directory consumes 8.9mb.  After compiling (with
--disable-static), the Guppi directory on my machine grows to over
111mb.

As usual, any reports of success or failure in building/using Guppi
are appreciated.  Reports concerning non-x86/non-Debian/non-Helix
situations are of particular interest.

Enjoy,

-JT