[gugmasters] Oportunity for GNOME event in Chile, 2008

Hi,

The main event in Chile related to FLOSS is the "Encuentro Nacional Linux", which in its 9th edition will be hosted at the Universidad de Concepción, in the south of Chile next year.

Being part of the organization commitee, and our close relation to GNOME Chile, one of the goals of the organization is to create a track related to GNOME. For this we have in mind to bring to Chile some cool rock stars from the project, for wich Pedro Villavicencio (one of our local rock stars) is in Cambridge at the UDS trying to convince Vincent Untz to come here and enjoy the chilean wine, same thing with André Klapper, a good friend of GNOME Chile ;)

The conference is planned for October 22 - 25, 2008. So there is still time to coordinate the efforts between other south american gug's. This related to Diego Escalante proposal in the Marketing-list about promoting events in South America and sharing the speakers between sync'ed conferences, it would be the time to demonstrate the posibility of make Diego's idea come true and sum up efforts between Southamerican communities.

It would be nice to hear your opinion.

Saludos,

Fabián Arias