Re: [guadec-list] Guadec 2006 Sample Schedule

Hi Dave,

Let's clear up a few things.

This is a proposition to start working nothing more ! I now think I should have put fake name.

We should obviously try to get the sponsors talk as soon as possible to make them fit in schedule. I think that the "Rubik's cube" cover enough ground to possibly fit whatever talk we get.

The idea is to have the theme and type of talk first, and only then it is our job to try fit them in the patron we would to follow.

The Sample Schedule is there just just to concretize what it _could_ looks like and make things less ... "atmospherics" ;-)

Of there are holes, because it is by no means the official schedule, just a fake one to illustrate how we might organize the event.

The aim ? Make attendees having headache choosing their session and not having something I've seen in FOSDEM : an overcrowded room for one session and nobody else in other parallel sesions. ;-)

Does that clear things ? Should I move it to another page in the wiki, like SampleSchedule and erease names to make it less confusing ?

David Neary <dneary free fr> a écrit :

Hi Ludovic,

While I appreciate the effort you've ut into this, I'm not keen on
volumteering people to give talks, and there are some omissions from the
plan.

In addition, 3 tracks = 3 talks at any one time (outside keynote/plenary
sessions) - the attempts in previous years to reserve certains days for
a particular audience got mixed reviews (at best).

I think the talks you've proposed could serve as a guideline for the
type of talks which would be suited to each track, but we shouldn't
oblige Federico or Miguel to give talks just because we think that would
fit into a particular theme.

In addition, ple ase remember that typically 25 - 30% of talk slots will
be filled by representatives of sponsors, or invitees - it'd be nice to
figure that into the planning process this year, since to my mind the
late addition of sponsor slots and late confirmation of invitees has
been the number one root cause of the 4 parallel track syndrome we've
suffered previously.

It might also be nice, given that we're in Fluendo's home town, to
factor in a follow-on to their successful and popular multimedia track
from last year (Uraeus added as CC to get his opinion on this).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Ludovic Danigo

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international. Téléchargez la version beta.