[guadec-list] GUADEC website update

Thanks to Owen and the sysadmin and infrastructure teams a copy of the
files of http://guadectest.ourproject.org/ is placed in the GNOME
servers. Not only this, I have been given a shell account and stro has
been suggested to request an account so he can be given shell access as
well.

The Drupal site needs to be mounted in order to be operative and
accessible via web, but we have got already more than initially
expected. Basically, the development and evolution of the GUADEC site is
now on our own hands.

We still need to agree with sysadmin how are we going to deal with the
software upgrades and the CVS usage in order to assure mid term security
and stability, but this issue to be agreed is not stopping us from
releasing now the new official GUADEC site.

>From now on the Drupal-based GUADEC website is officially part of the
GNOME project, therefore its bugs and suggested features will be handled
via http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ (product: website / component: guadec) -
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=website&component=guadec

If you are not familiar with bugzilla you may send your feedback here
and we will process it.

The work to be done is:

- Complete the text pages for a v1.0. People wanting to help on this
only need to edit the pages at http://guadectest.ourproject.org/ . I'll
try to come up with texts this weekend if nobody else pop ups before. A
native English speaker should supervise the final versions to be
published in the real site. One volunteer needed (rise your hand).

- Set up the site in the GNOME servers and solve the pending taks
detailed at http://guadectest.ourproject.org/node/1 (except the online
registration process, left for later). I can do all the tasks from the
web admin interface. I prefer to have a more experienced admin next to
me when doing shell based tasks. Hopefully Luke and Fernando will have
some time to help - both are pretty busy these days. I could try alone
but the GNOME infrastructure deserves more respect than a test site. We
rather on or two days if needed, we have got a good bunch of trust from
sysadmin +  infrastructure and I don't want to deceive anybody with my
amateur sysadmin level (that I'm now definitely encouraged to improve).

- Test the site once it's up and running in a non-official URL. All you
can help at this point.

- Link the guadec.org domain to the new site once we consider we can
release it.

Then a new phase of the GUADEC development will start.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org