Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC logo and web theme contests

> En/na Murray Cumming ha escrit:
>
>> I think we should require that this logo prominently displays the GNOME
>> logo and name, without changing the logo. In the past, we've had GUADECs
>> with lots of GUADEC posters and merchandise, with almost no mention of
>> GNOME itself. Which was stupid.
>
> Ok, the GNOME logo mandatory and the GNOME name... possibly optional
> because having two words in a single logo (GNOME + GUADEC) may be a
> tough design exercise. Agreed?

Given the choice of one of two names, I'd choose GNOME. If our posters and
T-shirts and name-tags and ads, etc, don't mention GNOME _again_ then I
will weep.

Go for it with the contest, with a smaller jury. Thanks.

Please also require source files for submissions, such as SVGs instead of
just the jpegs/pngs/gifs that are generated from SVGs, so we don't have to
beg for them later. We should make it clear that we would prefer
vector-based (SVG) logos because they are easier to use at different
sizes.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com