Re: Where to hold it? (was: Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussionnow.)

On Sun, 2002-04-14 at 11:12, hobbit aloss ukuu org uk wrote:
> Only way you'd get accomodation cheaply in Britain is to do what the
> UKUUG (UK Unix Users' Group) do, or have done: at least once they've
> had conferences in university holidays and hired out student
> accomodation.
> The rest of Britain is substantially cheaper than London and the
> south-east, but you run into "getting there" problems. I suppose
> Birmingham or Manchester might have direct flights.

Manchester is a very good place for a conference, the UKUUG one last
year was quite cheap, 25ukp per night IIRC for university acommadation
that had Ethernet access. Free breakfast and cheap beer was also a bonus
I don't know what the airport in Manchester is like but you can probably
get direct flights from most places.

PJDowner.