Re: Problem with Gtk::Window in dynamic library

Ah. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to infer that. :-)

No, I was commenting on the original code at the top of this thread.
Mostly, I just want to know: under win32, is it a bad idea to have a
Main::run() in DLL code? Should it only be in the main process code?

Bob Caryl wrote:
> I did not infer from Paul's message that he advocated creation of
> Gtk::Main in a DLL.  My inference was that Gtk::Main be instantiated
> prior to the loading of the module.
>
> Bob
>
> R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
>
> I'm also a little concerned about trying to create Gtk::Main in a DLL
> process space. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine Gtk::Main
> needs to be in the main process space, and there need be exactly one.

> --
> R. Douglas Barbieri
> doug dooglio net
> http://www.dooglio.net
>
> This message is signed using GnuPG. The strange-looking text you see at
> the bottom of the message is the signature itself.
>
> GPG Fingerprint: 3707 2A46 7DFC D673 FFB8  54B1 0EC9 5CF6 A1FC 6F11
> GPG recv-key   : A1FC6F11
> GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.asc

- --